How To Lose Tummy Fat With These 12 Foods
Strip Away Abdominal Fat with These 12 Belly Bulge Burning Foods
Before getting to the 12 foods that will help you get the flat abs you so desire, you first need to know that you don’t need to starve yourself.
And don’t worry, you can also have some of your favorite things once in a while, included as a reward meal in your diet.
So melt the fat off your stomach by following these simple principles and also include the 12 belly fat stripping foods in with your regular diet.
1) Eat every 3 hours that you are awake – This means you should have 3 normal meals a day with 2-3 healthy snacks in between so that you never feel super hungry or starving. This will signal your body that it will be getting a steady source of nourishment and energy so it doesn’t need to store much for later. Less storing = less fat accumulation.
That helps to keep your metabolism revved up and keeps your body from going into panic ‘starvation’ mode which causes it to want to store fat. It will also help you to avoid binge eating.
2) DON’T count calories – Yup – you heard right… DO NOT count your calories. Although you will often read that losing weight is simple math: burn more than you take in, it’s really not an effective, long term method to get & stay slim. It’s usually inaccurate anyway.
If you eat the 12 belly fat stripping foods listed below, eat only until you are not hungry (that’s different from feeling really full) and pair those 12 along with their many fat-loss friendly side-kicks, you’ll stay satisfied without eating too many calories.
3) Don’t drink your calories A great many people overlook this and forget that there are calories in what they are drinking. Notably alcohol can have a serious affect on your fat losing efforts.
Alcoholic beverages prevent your body from losing more fat and will cause it to store more fat from what you eat. If you just MUST have a drink once in a while, then stick with a 4 ounce glass of red wine, no more than once or twice per week.
4) Eat breakfast every day Study after study prove that making breakfast a daily habit will help you to lose weight and keep it off. People think that by skipping breakfast they are cutting calories, but by mid-morning or lunch they are starving.
That can lead to overeating at lunch and dinner as well as mindless nibbling throughout the day. Eating breakfast will wake up your metabolism and jump start it for the day. So make sure you eat a healthy, fat loss friendly breakfast every day. Try making a healthy smoothie, like this Peanut Butter & Banana Smoothie as a quick & easy way to get breakfast in.
5) For one meal each week, eat your favorite foods This will help you to not feel totally deprived. So have a “cheat” meal once a week. Be it pizza, ice-cream, chocolate cake, glass of wine… whatever!
Make it a reward for eating right all week. As long as you keep it to one meal, you won’t derail your fat loss efforts completely.
Here are the 12 Belly Flattening Foods:
1) ALMONDS These are great for building lean muscle and fighting off hunger cravings. Almonds are one of the best nuts to consume because they are high in protein and good fats. You can eat a handful as a snack between meals to help suppress your appetite before it’s time for your next meal.
Another food which is great for building lean muscle. Also excellent for burning fat, regulating digestion and controlling hunger. Black beans are also a good source of protein, fiber and iron. Make them a part of your lunch or dinner.
3) SPINACH This leafy green is great for fortifying nutrient stores and fighting obesity. It is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, magnesium and several vital antioxidents. Spinach is also a great source of folic acid which helps protect against stroke & colon cancer.
4) BLUEBERRIES Blueberries are packed with soluble fiber which will help you feel fuller. They are also considered a super-food because they are so high in antioxidants, they’re actually one of the most antioxidant foods you could eat. Why does that matter? Well, antioxidants fight all kinds of disease by fighting free radicals in your body that can cause things like cancer, Alzheimer’s and premature aging.
Here is another awesome water-soluble fiber source. Oatmeal will make you feel fuller over a longer period of time. It helps to keep your blood sugar levels steady and is free of sodium when you make the plain kind. Buy plain old fashioned oatmeal and enhance the taste by adding fruit, some yogurt and maybe a touch of sweeter like pure maple syrup or coconut palm sugar.
6) EGGS Research has shown that eating eggs (including the yolk) helps reduce the loss of lean tissue while slowing weight while promoting the loss of body fat. it will also help to stabilize blood sugar levels.
Eggs are packed full of protein, iron and several different vitamins. Just make sure you stick with eating whole eggs – the yolk are full of nutrients and they will not make you fat or give you high cholesterol.
7) SWEET POTATOES The sweet potato will digest slowly and will not spike you blood sugar rapidly like other starchy carbs. They are super nutritious, are low in calories but have more fiber than oatmeal so they’ll curb your hunger for a long time. Learn more about belly flattening veggies here: 3 Veggies that Fight Ab Fat
8) OLIVE OIL Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fat, or MUFA for short. Numerous studies have shown that when people cut out bad fats and sub with olive oil, they ate less food overall and tended to either lose or maintain their weight. Learn more about good fats to eat here: 7 Fatty Foods for a Flat Stomach
Other studies have indicated MUFA can actually enhance the breakdown of stored body fat. So use olive oil with some vinegar or lemon as your salad dressing from now on.
9) LEAN TURKEY
Lean turkey meat will not only help build lean muscle tissue, but it helps to boost your immune system. Along with other lean meats, turkey is full of metabolism stimulating protein. But stay away from deli meats.
Instead, buy a whole turkey, or turkey breast and even lean ground turkey meat to make meatballs or burgers – just be sure to grill your turkey burgers instead of frying them on grease.
10) WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE
There are different types of whey protein, and whey protein isolate stands out because it contains 90% or more protein and very little fat, cholesterol and lactose but it is less expensive than whey protein hydrolysates. Whey protein is an easy to digest form of protein made from cow’s milk that is a complete protein because it contains all nine essential amino acids.
You can choose one which is a meal replacement like the Evo-Shake protein powder formulation that is fortified with vitamins and minerals. This is a super easy way to have a quick & healthy breakfast or even lunch, on the go.
11) TUNA Tuna has been shown to reduce levels of a menacing hormone called leptin. By lowering high levels of leptin, you can help to speed up your metabolism and burn more fat. Tuna is also rich in the essential fatty acid Omega-3, which can increase your calorie burning rate. So greatest ease, grab some canned tuna and simply add it to a salad.
12) GREEN TEA Green Tea will help to speed up your system which helps you to burn more calories. One study showed that drinking four cups of green tea a day helped participants to drop more than six pounds in eight weeks.
The credit goes to a compound Epigallocatechin Gallate or EGCG for short, in combination with the caffeine found in green tea that will jolt your metabolism after sipping it. So brew up a jug and sip it hot or as ice tea throughout the day.
Follow the 5 fat loss principals outlined at the beginning of the article and include these 12 fat melting foods as part of your every day eating.
Doing this along with cutting out the wrong foods and including some exercise will lead to lean, flat abdominals. For detailed and very inexpensive help on how to plan your eating, I’d suggest you take a look at a book called: The Fat Burning Kitchen for only $10 (normally $39.99) plus it comes with The 23 Day Advanced Nutrional Blueprint as a free bonus (normally $34.95). Take advantage now!